Heroes of the Colosseum
Gladiator or Charioteer? You choose!
Just saying the word gladiators conjures up visions of vicious combat between desperate men, who fought to the death for the amusement of the crowd. These games of death continued throughout the Roman Empire for over 900 years. Now, with Heroes of the Colosseum, you can recreate the glory and splendor of these games.
While gladiator matches were the “bread” of the “bread & circuses” that was used to placate the Roman citizens, chariot racing was the “circus”. Included in Heroes of the Colosseum, is a complete second game that lets you race chariots at the Circus Maximus.
As a gladiator or charioteer, you start your journey to Fame & Fortune far from the eye of the crowd. With luck and skill, you increase in abilities and work your way towards Rome. On the way, you will stab, slash, whip and bash all opponents who stand between you and your ultimate goal – freedom!
Inside you’ll find:
• Rules to personalize your gladiators and charioteers, making each truly unique.
• A way to generate Non-Player Opponents, totally controlled by the game mechanics.
• Two Gladiatorial Arenas, one Racing Oval, beautiful counters, and Roster Sheets to represent the gladiators and charioteers, their equipment, and horses.
• Quick to learn, but hard to master, combat and racing rules that accurately reflect the challenges of gladiatorial combat and chariot racing.
• An easy to use Campaign System, to track the success of your gladiators and charioteers, as they rise in abilities.
• Three different Locales to fight in, from the Fringes of the Empire to Rome herself, where only the greatest can gain their freedom.
In Heroes of the Colosseum, you have everything you need to do this and much more. But perhaps the best thing about the game is that it can be played solo against the game mechanics, cooperatively with all players against the game, or competitively against your friends.
1 - 6 players
60 Minutes play time
Our Price: £49.99