From the publishers website :-
'The War in Russia. The East Front. Many designers have tried to simulate the largest campaign in WW2. Few have done it as successfully as Masahiro Yamazaki has with Red Star Rising. Simulating Barbarossa through Germany's final retreat, can you expel the Nazi horde from Mother Russia?
Masahiro Yamazaki has long been considered the East Front specialist in Japan. His games - including the excellent Stalingrad Pocket by the Gamers - have been enjoyed by English gamers since 1992. Now, for the first time, MMP is very proud to present his ultimate vision of the War in Russia. With over 10 years of development and expertise, Masashiro has culled all of his talents to give you the finest game on the entire Eastern Front of World War Two.
Using a variant of the popular Victory in the West chit pull system, but with some very novel twists, Masahiro presents the theater as never before. If the Soviet player can weather the Nazi storm, she will rise from the ashes and become the powerful enemy that defeated Germany. You will see the tables turn as in no prior wargame simulating the German invasion of Russia.
Red Star Rising contains:
- 3 maps (39"x36" main map; 18"x36" Finland map; 8.5"x11" Baku map)
- 3 countersheets (840 counters)
- 1 44-page rulebook
- 1 4-page full color example of play booklet
- 2 player aid cards (1 German; 1 Russian)
- 2 dice
Red Star Rising scale:
- Game Turns: 2 weeks to 2 months
- Counters: Corps/Division for the German; Corps/Army for the Soviets
Red Star Rising details:
- Number of Players: 1-4
- Number of Scenarios: 5
- Complexity: Medium
- Playing Time: 2 to 30 hours
Red Star Rising credits:
- Designed by: Masahiro Yamazaki
- English Development: Adam Starkweather '
Playtime: 120 - 1800 Minutes
Ages: 12 +
Published by: Multi-Man Publishing