2 players, ages 12+, 180-240+ minutes
September 1, 1939 troops of the Third Reich invaded Poland. That day there was a battle, which after years of struggle has become a symbol of the old cavalry formation of modern armored units. Poles Volyn Cavalry Brigade bravely held back the Germans from 4 Armored Division. Despite the massive attacks supported by tanks and artillery, aviation, the attacker did not complete the given tasks. The defenders suffered heavy losses, but they were not shattered and resistance continued in the following days.
The game "Wet, September 1, 1939" allows you to not only play the event, but also check out the various hypothetical variants - a player decide on troop movements and how to attack or defend. Both sides have strengths. Germany has plenty of motorized units and a strong aviation. Poles should skillfully use the wooded area and the effect of surprise opponent who did not expect the presence of a large cavalry unit in front of your front.
Players use the basic principles of the "Great Battles small branches." Added some special rules concerning, for example, the armored train "Bold" or the German infantry.
Complete game consists of:
- the board A3;
- die-cut stack 154;
- color instructions (8 pages);
- 1 card scenario;
- 1 riser card.
Note: The game does not contain a deck of cards, in which players must equip themselves.
Playing time: 3 - 4 hours.
A game for 2 people from the age of 12.
Erratum: In the table "Impact of terrain to fight and movement" by mistake converted sequence of drawings of the road.
The great battle of small branches.
Author: Adam Niechwiej
is a system showing the clash of small units, for example regiment or brigade. Very often, the battle between the relatively few troops were important for operational reasons, moral or otherwise. Thanks to the universal rules, you can start to introduce each of the twentieth century.
The basic features of the system are:
1. To settle all procedures, players use the traditional 52-card deck. Thanks to the cards played at the beginning of the game can affect the final result. This is a big difference compared to throw the dice, which are independent of each other.
2. The stage can be activated only one army troops, but about the fact that the player will decide the fate of the initiative. The chance of having the initiative changes in each stage. This forces the player is careful and maximize the efficient planning of their activities, because the next step may not be an opportunity to rectify errors.
3. In the game have been woven random events (sniper, change orders, etc.), Which can reverse the course of events and at the same time bring players in climate battle.
4. Minor modifications to the basic principles allow the presentation of single vehicles or department that supported the combatants.
Due to the simple procedure, games based on the principles of this system are well suited for people just starting their adventure with board games. Experienced players also should be pleased, since they have to decide not only about the actions taken, but also the manner of their execution.